Sunday, February 28, 2016

Podcast of the Week: Peeping Thomist

The hosts of the podcasts I've subscribed to have the nasty habit of referencing or suggesting other podcasts they enjoy and it leads me to accumulate more subscriptions than is reasonable for an average 8-to-5er. As such, I've gotten to the habit of listening to these shows at 2x speed (also a weird and not altogether advisable practice) in order to get through my weekly downloads.

All of this is to say that I encounter a lot of podcasts with good content worth highlighting for those unaware that such information exists. So I'd like to tack on another weekly segment, "Podcasts of the Week", that would help this blog become more than just an avenue for entertainment.

The first episode I'd like to promote comes from Catching Foxes and is titled "Interview with Peeping Thomist Brian Jones". This was one that I had to listen to twice at 1x speed because of all of the heady and philosophical content: St. Thomas Aquinas and Thomism, the Regensburg Lecture, positive psychology and medieval views on Islam. It felt like a fun graduate lecture replete with movie references to the Hail, Caeser!, The Royal Tenenbaums, Groundhog Day and Ghostbusters II.



Link to Catching Foxes.

Houston's best-kept Catholic secret,
Kelvin

P.S. - I would also be remiss if I didn't mention the recent Art of Manliness episode, "C.S. Lewis, J.R.R Tolkien, and the Inklings Mastermind Group", since it was the first spark of inspiration for starting this new segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment