Sunday, February 6, 2011

I can understand the last one, but this?!?

OK, metal already has some negative connotations, so it's not all that unusual that Metalocalypse (a cartoon about a fictional metal band) is intended for mature audiences. But what about this...?


Ever heard of Codename: Kids Next Door? It's a children's show (ages 7-13) that revolves around a group of youngsters who are out to protect the kids of the world from villianous adults (The Toiletnator, Count Spankulot, etc.). "Nothing more than pre-teen humor," you say? Well, just the other day, I chanced upon the episode "Operation: F.O.O.D.F.I.T.E." (which stands for "Fiendish Old Ogre's Disgusting Food Is Thrown Everywhere"). The complete 9-minute episode is embedded below.


Operation: FOODFITE
Uploaded by KND89. - Classic TV and last night's shows, online.

I remember back in 2001 when Pantera wrote the score for the Spongebob Squarepants episode "Pre-Hibernation Week." But I think KND took it to the extreme. Don't get me wrong, I love the episode, but it's the type of thing that over-protective parents would picket outside of Turner Broadcasting for. The band who worked with Kids Next Door was the shock rock group GWAR (mentioned as RAWG in the opening credits). The music used were instrumentals of actual songs ("The Private Pain of Techno Destructo" and "Gor-Gor") which were remixed for the show.

I hope you learned a little something today: you never know what you'll see on daytime television.

'Till The Sun Rises... Stay Gold,
Kelvin

No comments:

Post a Comment