Friday, March 11, 2016

Podcast of the Week: Breaking Bad and Dealing with Darkness

Now that I live life outside of the realm of academia proper, I find myself with not only more time to watch television but also with more maturity of perspective in approaching this media. But as Uncle Ben says with every Spider-Man reboot, "With great power comes great responsibility." So although I can watch movies like Taxi Driver and series like Peaky Blinders and not feel the urge to beat up random people on the street (or vice versa, fear random people on the street beating me up), it is important to be aware of the sensibilities and temperaments of others when discussing or suggesting things to watch. This podcast was very helpful in reminding me that it's OK for everyone to not be into every show I enjoy and that even if a work of art cannot be commended because of its content (be it the graphic violence in Breaking Bad, the psycho-emotional manipulation in Jessica Jones or the stark sensuality of Game of Thrones) it can be lauded for the creativity of the writers and producers, which ultimately reveal an aspect of the Beauty of the Creator.

325558.jpg (300×300)

Listen to "Breaking Bad and Dealing with Darkness"

Visit Pop Culture Coffee Hour

Logos, yo,
Kelvin

No comments:

Post a Comment